Friday, October 23, 2009

My Addiction



{LOVES this picture...gives aviation a girly feel... thanks to google images}

So honestly, I wish sometimes that I had a more interesting vice, or at least ones with weekly meetings I could attend to get it out of my system. I love aviation. The planes, the planning, the pilots...it is all so fascinating to me.

I could watch this movie 100,000 times and it wouldnt be enough:



Ever since I was 18 I have worked in corporate aviation (that's private jets for those not up to par with Aviation jargon). The planes look more like this as opposed to airlines:



I did a 4 month stint working for a mortgage company, and it was HORRIBLE!!! Now that I am back in Minnesota I am yet again having a hard time finding an aviation job, because the industry as a whole is slow...and as it is there are few aviation jobs here. There are corporate flight departments like Target, 3M, Best Buy, General Mills, etc. and I would L-O-V-E to have a job working for a company like that...but it's just not happening for me.

Next week I start a non-aviation job. It is for an amazing company...but it selfish and ungrateful that I am not even willing to pretend to be excited to work there? I should be grateful to have even found a job.

Yet I cannot pretend I am not crushed that it isn't aviation...::sigh::

"If you do what you love for a living, you will never work a day in your life."
-Glen (My stepdad)

I wholeheartedly believe that quote. And I guess its the reason I want nothing to do with anything outside aviation.

Its seriously a disease. Once you're in...you're STUCK.

I refuse to give up though, so wish me luck in my continued search!!

-B

2 love notes:

Angelique said...

"Negative Ghostrider..the pattern is full"

So the first picture looks slightly Phallic...but moving on. Ummm did you ever hear back from that school? cuz you should go there. immediately. and just bind and gag matt (he'll think it's kinky) and you'll be back in no time with a career in aviation under your belt! DO IT!

<3

Britters said...

I had to look up phallic. HA. and I apply in January :)