Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!

That's right...Happy Anniversary. I remember when I was younger, and all my friends and I would celebrate our "one month anniversaries" with our boyfriends/girlfriends...too bad none of us looked up the meaning of Anniversary, and therefore did not think about the have that the prefix "Anni" meant annual...yep, we were retarded. Hahaha.
It's been a year since I married the greatest man to enter my life! We are really short on cash right now, but we made the most of it. A couple of weeks ago, I told Matt that this year was his...and he had to surprise me! Well he did a pretty damn good job considering our financial situation...
He took me to a restaurant called "Timber Lodge"...which is special, because that is the restaurant where he proposed to me... :-). (He just pretends that he isnt romantic!!)
Then he filled up the bathtub/jacuzzi/whirlpool in his parents downstairs bathroom, put bubbles, and bath confetti in and had music turned on and everything...it was so relaxing and so nice just to have some alone time with my husband!! Major points, babe.
BUT the disappointing part...we actually managed to keep the top tier of our cake...and it survived the move to San Diego, then the move to Minnesota believe it or not. We opened the box it was in and of course the fondant had all come off of it from the moves, so we cut into it and there were BLACK SPOTS in the filling... yeah, thats what happens when you include fresh bananas in the filling of your cake. Hahaha.
Needless to say, we didnt eat it, but we did the traditional cutting of the first slice together, and I ate a teeny piece of the cake itself (no filling thanks.)
Good weekend though! Enjoy the pics...
LOVE











2 love notes:

Angelique said...

awww yay!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! :) :) :)

<3

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary!!!