Saturday, January 1, 2011

"An unexpected relationship will become permanent..."


...says my P.F. Chang's fortune cookie that I got the first week we started dating. Usually I just throw those things out...and I had forgotten I had this one until I was cleaning out my wallet for something, and it made me think...

Wouldn't it be so nice if the answers to life's problems came from a mediocre-flavored cookie served to you at the end of a meal? I think so.

The hard truth is, relationships, along with many of life's difficulties and challenges, are confusing and hard and frustrated. Worst of all, you can't Google the answers to your problems.

For those who are religious, they say that God does not put onto us more than we can handle, and that we are to "give" our problems to Him, and trust that He will guide you through the trials.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

(One of many verses along these lines.)

Now if only there were an instruction manual on how to go about doing that, and how I can apply it!

My new year's resolution is to make an effort everyday to give my problems to the Lord. To not put them onto others to be resolved, to not try to take them on myself, and to not try to change them myself.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

Please?!

Happy New Year to all of you. May 2011 be your best year yet...and mine...God willing. :)

1 love notes:

Unknown said...

Are you still with your significant other 2022 ?